The concept of Creative Classical Curriculum arose from a need for dynamic, engaging materials in the Latin classroom and a desire to create a forum where Latin teachers can find practical support on many levels - from curriculum to technology, to coaching, and even homeschooling.
The primary focus of CCC is developing tools for the toolbox - curriculum that can run on autopilot and provide maximal support for both teachers and their students. The curricular concepts and methods in our toolbox have been used effectively in high school and college classrooms since 2001.
Advantages of The Tools:
- level the playing field in class - all students have the same tools and access to the same core information (vocabulary, grammar reference, and more)
- eliminate "grunt work" and streamline the students' Latin time
- raise the bar on Bloom's taxonomy - involve students on an analytical level instead of memorization/recall
- help teach students the mental processes they need to develop to be successful in Latin (or any other humanities subject)
- help teachers communicate expectations clearly and with no surprises on quiz day
- greatly reduce student stress levels
- they make learning Latin even more enjoyable!
Take the preparation out of your prep period - spend your time planning and building an active learning, supportive environment for your students and yourself!
Creative Classical Curriculum
Innovative tools for exceptional teachers of the Classics
by Dr. Melissa Schons Bishop
Join our Preferred Mailing List to receive CCC's FREE newsletter, announcements, sneak previews and DISCOUNTS on new releases!